Retro-Renault Archive Forum Index  
SEARCH THE ARCHIVE FORUMS  •  Log in
Hello, you are currently browsing to Retro-Renault Archive which is a copy of our old forum. You cannot post replies in this forum. Please click here to go to the active website. 
 DVLA - Arseholes
donsrno1
Level 10 User

Posted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 4:45 am

What a bunch of arseholes they are. I phoned about 5/6 months ago to ask about the rules for re-taxing a car declared SORN because I had just bought the 16v and had expected it to be off the road for a wee while so was considering declaring it SORN. When I phoned though they said that you could only re-tax it on the last two days of the month. I have to say I found that strange, but having phoned them and spoken to an advisor about it I took that as being correct. However I just phoned again today and found out it can be re-taxed at any time. At first I didn't declare SORN because I kept thinking I would have it sorted before the times within which I could re-tax the car and then kept getting more problems etc so I never got round to it meaning 6 months tax, and £95, have just gone down the drain.

Really bloody infuriating, but theres nothing I can do about it now Evil or Very Mad .
Dan
Site Subscriber

Posted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 5:39 am

i sent them a letter saying that the black clio valver had been scrapped, and then i got a letter a month later saying i failed to resorn it and a £80 fine. so i wrote to them and told them it was scrapped and got out the fine!

Jump to:   

SPIDER ARCHIVE