Retro-Renault Archive Forum Index  
SEARCH THE ARCHIVE FORUMS  •  Log in
Hello, you are currently browsing to Retro-Renault Archive which is a copy of our old forum. You cannot post replies in this forum. Please click here to go to the active website. 
 Gavs £100 steal :D
Sprockets

Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 4:34 am

Well, here goes, as my first post to the forum, better fill you all in!!

A little while back, i became car less due to my run around blowing up, so was in the market for another. Working where i do (RGS Motorsport) i tend to come across several bargains, and one happened to appear at the right time (for once!) A builder in a unit near me had a renault 19 16v phase 2 which he wanted shot of for the pricely sum of £100. I wandered up, had a look over it, and seeing the potential in it, handed over the cash and proceeded to get the old girl running. a charge up of the battery and she fired into life first time after been sat for a few months!

With this being a good start, it was time to get her road worthy again. the engine was serviced up, new rear discs, pads and bearings were fitted for the MOT along with a bottom ball joint and some tyres. With all this it flew through an MOT!! Now it was time to get the polish out and get to making her respectable. The only bad bit being the bonnet where a bad repair has been done, but a new bonnet is on the way and a favour is being called into get it sprayed.

Now working where I do meant there are always a few goodies lurking about, of which the first to be bolted on was a decat pipe. Very nice indeed Smile i'm not one for loud exhausts, so thats as far as it went.

And thats the story so far!!! It's my everyday runner, so I'm not going mad with it for now, plus, i love the stock sleeper look. Once my bike is back on the road (GSXR 1000 Twisted Evil ) i will mod her some more. Plans include GSXR throttle bodies on megasquirt management modded to run twin injectors, along with some head work and cams. but as i said, thats for later.

I have a cambelt ready to be fitted which i really must do when i get a spare minute, and when i do, will get a cam and do a detailed guide as i know a lot of people are wanting one.

Well, piccies will follow soon when i can nick my mates camera!

-Gavin
mals
Self Proclaimed Comic Genius

Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 4:47 am

Welcome Fella, good to hear another Valvers been saved, hope to see those pics soon
Neal
Forum Moderator

Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 8:58 am

Great stuff matey, hope youre enjoying your new car. There are some awesome bargains to be had with these 19 16vs, what is yours, 3dr, 5dr, chamade?

All submitted guides are always greatly appreciated!
Chris H
Forum Moderator

Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 12:31 am

to be fair JB done a guide abotu a year ago and I was meant to edit it and never bothered then it was deleted when the site went down once.

Thing is JB's guide was a 3 day march, if it takes more than 30 misn then its way to long!
JB
Mr Quoter-vator

Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 3:16 am

bollocks, it was just concise Exclamation written for the layman...
huwwatkins
Site Subscriber

Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 4:16 pm

Post it up!! If anyone still has a copy that is...

Jump to:   

SPIDER ARCHIVE