Retro-Renault Archive Forum Index  
SEARCH THE ARCHIVE FORUMS  •  Log in
Hello, you are currently browsing to Retro-Renault Archive which is a copy of our old forum. You cannot post replies in this forum. Please click here to go to the active website. 
 Clio 16v First Post
cliotoris

Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 3:56 pm

Alright people. I hope you accept the 16v to your club. I had a quick look and i've seen a few williams on here and obviously the 19 16v. Got a picture below of the car.

gaz

Neal
Forum Moderator

Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 4:00 pm

We've definitely seen this car before...was your girlfriend on here a few months back?

With a name like that, custom rank? You betcha.... Wink
bbracer16valver
Retroholic

Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 4:00 pm

hummm i wouldnt of
cliotoris

Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 4:04 pm

yea maybe. She drives a clio aswell but the newer clio (mk3 hmmmm Rolling Eyes ) I think she got some pictures of the car aswell. Custom rank indeed.

Quote:
hummm i wouldnt of

I get that sometimes. I'm guessing that is due to not being able to throw it around as much? Bug's me sometimes aswell, but when I get people coming up to me saying they love the car, it doesn't matter any more. Get's alot of attention at meet's
bbracer16valver
Retroholic

Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 4:09 pm

just without the shinny mirrors badboy'oed bonnet get rid of the badge and hide the exhaust side exit maybe

apart from that i like it spesh the colour with the chrome wheels Very Happy
cliotoris

Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 4:13 pm

Smile a few of those things would be a problem. It has a flamer kit so side exit would be abit dodgy. Shiney mirrors are abit crap. I have legit M3 mirror to go on (tinted, colour coded, electric). I hate clios without the renault badge on the bonnet....I like everyone to know they've just been abbliterated by a renault clio Laughing and everyone says the bad boy is the best bit of the whole car. Looks evil, most pull over sharpish Twisted Evil
Neal
Forum Moderator

Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 4:15 pm

So what are the engine specs?
bbracer16valver
Retroholic

Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 4:15 pm

flamer kit lol why??

and why spend good money on the lights then cover half of them?
Neal
Forum Moderator

Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 4:17 pm

bbracer16valver wrote:
flamer kit lol why??

and why spend good money on the lights then cover half of them?

Same reason as you like cars that are lowered to the floor
bbracer16valver
Retroholic

Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 4:23 pm

Neal
pick on me mo fo

just asking why? always thought of getin one for a laugh can you pop flames as u drive?
cliotoris

Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 4:31 pm

why not? Just be abit different.

The lights look crap when they're not badboy'd....the standard lights look better unless the morettes are badboy'd.

Obviously it's a 1800 16v....It's not had any serious amounts of tuning....Port polish, heads been skimmed near it's limit...Lost power awhile back due to head gasket being installed be a bodger im guessing along time ago as I hadn't had the head off since then. The person who had done the head gasket previously had not been able to unscrew a T55 bolt from the block, it would only screw around 8 turns then go solid...so it looks like they pulled the head un just high enough to cut around the bolt hole on the head gasket and slid the gasket between the cylinder block and cylinder head. consequently causing water to leak past the jackets and all sorts of rubbish happened. As a result, I gave everything a good clean up, back together it went minor alterations. Was thinking of cams but decided not to due to idleing and fuel consumption problems....i also got hold of some replacement hydraulic tappets as the cylinder head was also fried.

Before the work on the engine was carried out it had lost 1bhp....was running at 136bhp @ fly....Im guessing it would be near 140bhp now but you can never tell.

gaz
hooverphonique
Level 6 User

Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 6:23 am

cliotoris wrote:
I hate clios without the renault badge on the bonnet....I like everyone to know they've just been abbliterated by a renault clio

Well, you only need a renault bagde on the back of the car for ppl to know they've been left in the dust by one.. they'll never notice the front before its too late, m8 Smile
Wicked Neo
FCS Event Manager

Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 8:41 am

how long have you had that car ?

i am sure it was up for sale over the last few weeks and you cant mistake that car for another one lol

i think it was on ebay, spotted it there because i was looking for a clio valver for roger
cliotoris

Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 11:19 am

yea, i put it on ebay a couple of months back, it was doing my head in. But i've spent alot of time on it now (even today had it on the ramps and spent 6 hours fixing little anoying things)....Yea I can pop flames whilst driving along, but I cant accelerate and pop flames....Looks better when the renault badge is on the front, does on mine anyway i photoshopped it the otehr day and it looks poor without it. Also looks weird de-handled.

I've owned the car for around 9months now i think? something like that
Roger Red Hat
Site Subscriber

Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 2:02 pm

not my cup of tea personally

but however, looks well done

none of this "maxpower" stick on mods and go faster stripes etc

top marks for that.

Jump to:   

SPIDER ARCHIVE