Retro-Renault Archive Forum Index  
SEARCH THE ARCHIVE FORUMS  •  Log in
Hello, you are currently browsing to Retro-Renault Archive which is a copy of our old forum. You cannot post replies in this forum. Please click here to go to the active website. 
 Project "Silver Streak"
Gentle Ben
Site Subscriber

Posted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 1:29 pm

I was struggling to come up with an original name with which to refer to the 19. However, after much thought I have decided to entitle my 19 Project "Silver Streak" - a comical, if somewhat sarcastic description he coined for the 19 a year or two ago.

Unfortunately, my grandfather lost his battle with cancer a few short months ago. Therefore, I shall name this Project "Silver Streak" in his memory.

You may have already seen some pictures of her over on the RSC Forums, and there are some other pics Chris H posted after I recently paid him a visit to have some work done.

I will start with fresh pictures - I have just taken receipt of a 512MB Memory Card for my digital camera, so tomorrow I will start making use of it!
Neal
Forum Moderator

Posted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 2:00 pm

good stuff, let the modding begin!

pictures pictures pictures Very Happy
schakal
Spammer

Posted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 2:23 pm

let the games begin Exclamation

i am expecting you to color code the bumpers ben ,they will look great imo .
Gentle Ben
Site Subscriber

Posted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 2:35 pm

Here's the current specification for all those interested:

ENGINE
E6J Energy - 1.4 8V
Powertec Stainless Induction Kit (for Summer)
Stock Air Cleaner Assembly (for Winter)
Rage 4" Slash-Cut Stainless Steel Exhaust

BRAKES
Standard

WHEELS
7" x 17" TSW Ribs in Special Chrome
205/40 Toyo T1-S Proxes Tyres

SUSPENSION
Front: Lowered 30mm using Avo Springs
Rear: Standard

EXTERIOR
Colour-coded Door Handles
Colour-coded Mirrors
Fully Debadged
Ford Focus LED Side Indicators
RGM Headlight Eyebrows (Chris H's favourite mod)
Renault 19 16V Phase 1 Smoked Rear Lights
Renault Clio Bonnet Badge

INTERIOR
Renault 19 16V Leather Seats
Renault 19 16V Leather Steering Wheel
Ripspeed Silver Gearknob
Ripspeed Silver Handbrake
Ripspeed Silver Cigarette Lighter
Ripspeed Silver Pedals
Ripspeed Silver Chequer-Plated Mats

ICE
Pioneer DEH-P6500R CD/MP3 Headunit
Pioneer TS-Range 5.25" Coaxial Speakers in Doors
Pioneer TS-Range 6.5" Coaxial Speakers in Shelf
Pioneer TS-Range 6" x 9" Triaxial Speakers in Shelf
Pioneer VCCS 12" Subwoofers x 2
Legacy LA890 4 x 300W Amplifier

SECURITY
Gemini Total Closure Alarm with Ultrasonics
Electronic Immobiliser
Torque Wrench beneath Passengers' Seat!

Last edited by Gentle Ben on Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:04 am; edited 2 times in total
Gentle Ben
Site Subscriber

Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 6:58 am

Video - 10MB/4:46

This vid is of me testing out my new Digicam's 512MB Memory Card. Got a bit bored last night so took the car out for a spin around Withington in Manchester (where I live!).

Please note that despite the enthusiastic driving, all speed limits were adhered to!

Enjoy!
Gentle Ben
Site Subscriber

Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:28 am

Pictures

Here are some pics as promised taken in a Sainsbury's Car Park.

Needs to be wired in properly - will look good when trimming gets finished!

Last edited by Gentle Ben on Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Roger Red Hat
Site Subscriber

Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:37 am

cool vid btw Razz bit dark tho Sad

sounds rather tasty as well

like wheels too

only thing not to keen on..

yep thats right...

eyebrows..

bar them, tis a rather tasty motor

thats my feedback ne ways

and as schakal said, colour coded bumpers would improve it 10 fold
Gentle Ben
Site Subscriber

Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:42 am

Cheers Rog. I agree to an extent that the brows look a bit tacky but I'm somewhat attached to them.

When the car goes in for bodywork I may compromise and at least have the bonnet extended and have the look created properly.
roddy21t
Site Subscriber

Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:44 am

Looks great, interior make's a huge differerance Cool
Mad Pierre
Level 10 User

Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 11:27 am

Hmmmm ph1 Leather seat's
christian
Level 6 User

Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 12:03 pm

nice interior Smile

but I agree, get rid of the eyebrows, they destroy the clean phase I bodystyle Wink Very Happy
Gentle Ben
Site Subscriber

Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 12:59 pm

Future Plans

I have decided to sort the looks of the 19 first and then tackle performance. I decided that as original as my car would be with a novel engine conversion, the condition of the bodywork would be a huge let-down, and if a time ever came where I would have to sell, then I stand to make more selling a car that is cosmetically mint and mechanically sound compared to one that has vastly uprated performance.

The eagle-eyed among you will be able to see that parts of the bodywork have seen better days - especially at the rear where there is extensive damage beneath the passenger's side rear light cluster, and on the bootlid where the "Renault 19" badge normally is. There are also slight "chinks" on the lip of the bootlid above the lock mechanism.

On the passenger's side rear quarter panel there are a few blemishes and the remnants of a large dent which occurred after some twat wondered what a Size 12 footprint would look like in my bodywork! Evil or Very Mad

There is also grazing on the top of the driver's side rear door which arose when my Grandfather's ladder fell against the car whilst he was building the extension on my parent's cottage! All in all, the bodywork could benefit from a good overhaul and a full respray (in the standard colour, of course!)

This job is the next to be addressed, as soon as my financial situation improves!
FincH
Site Subscriber

Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 3:46 pm

Heh, you aint too Gentle on your car Laughing
schakal
Spammer

Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 1:16 am

here is another eyebrow boy , we just love them ,dont we ben ? Laughing

get the bumpers sprayed ,we all agree on that .
nice motor mate ,put your pics on the gallery as well if u have not done yet .

i am not sure if all the members are aware of the gallery feature . need more pictures there Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
Gentle Ben
Site Subscriber

Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 3:25 am

No I did not know about it schakal, something I will look into later perhaps. As regards the bumpers, the P1 16V front bumper I am now in possession of courtesy of Chris is going to be overhauled and primed by yours truly at some point in the interim future. And by interim future I mean sometime this year!

Well am freed up for the rest of the day so make a start on it this afternoon. If I get round to it I will put some pics up to document how I get on, but first I need a big greasy fry up to help me get over last nights' hefty session on the lager.... Very Happy
Chris H
Forum Moderator

Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 3:53 am

foood! I'm starving and working away like always! Cleanign the orions interior at the mo and its hard work!

That bumpers a good un, I was gonna stick that one on my Chamade.
Gentle Ben
Site Subscriber

Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:19 pm

Well alas, I did not get round to doing much on the bumper but at least I managed to get all the appropriate wet and dry papers I needed from Halfords; P240, P400* and P800.

*Ideally this should be P320, but it is proving difficult to source. P400 will have to do.

Instead of working on the bumper I once again found myself drinking lager in the Student Union and playing round after round of pool.

When we got bored of that me and my companions decided to see a movie - we did want to see Oceans Twelve but not out until Friday, so instead we saw "Attack on Precinct 13". About what I expected really, nothing amazing. Worth seeing if you like action films.

That's about it really for today. I will endeavour to get started on the bumper tomorrow - I will bring you the latest news as it unfolds! Very Happy
Gentle Ben
Site Subscriber

Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 11:54 am

Right, due to an unfortunate and unexpected bout of Pizza Hut-related food poisoning I have not been able make a start on the bumper and spent most of the day in bed after being kept up most of the night with bad bellyache!

I will make a start on it eventually!
Sic Puppy
Site Subscriber

Posted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 12:59 pm

I like your collection of coppers in the change holder! Laughing
Gentle Ben
Site Subscriber

Posted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 2:44 pm

Yeah, that's my trust fund for when I fall on hard times...
Soneji
Forum Moderator

Posted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:14 am

Oh man, really you should think about lowering the ass and getting shot of the blue dash interior! Would be a million times better

Jump to:   

SPIDER ARCHIVE