Retro-Renault Archive Forum Index  
SEARCH THE ARCHIVE FORUMS  •  Log in
Hello, you are currently browsing to Retro-Renault Archive which is a copy of our old forum. You cannot post replies in this forum. Please click here to go to the active website. 
 Project..erm..Bike
JB
Mr Quoter-vator

Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 2:45 am

Small project I did with my boy this past weekend. He's at an age now where he is all into his bikes and skateboards, so he had his BMX with him this time he visited, he has had it for years and it was just a bit of a cheap ass toys'r'us one.

So due to far toomuch American Chopper viewing, he decided he wanted to customise his bike! Cool I thought...so he started hatching plans for me to weld big exhausts on the side and everything Confused "er I don't have any tube sorry" (phew)

"How about we paint it?"

So he was happy with that idea...

Now leaving him to do it would have resulted in half the outside of the house being painted (keeps asking if he can spray the walls Rolling Eyes ) and all bits of the bike being covered, so I thought I would show him how to do it properly Very Happy

So we set to stripping the bike right down til we had the components we wanted to paint.

Trip to halfords, bought some primer, paint and lacquer...the paint was a Renault paint of course Very Happy and was a lovely pearlescent (so it said) Black.

So masked up and started painting...

Primer

Then the colour coat...

then moved out back and hung out in the sun to dry...

Lovely paint I think...

Then we stuck the beast back together...note addition of new Buddy Pegs at the rear...need to get some for the front.

And that was that.

Think it will need some new wheels tho..some tasty black ones.
Neal
Forum Moderator

Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 2:54 am

Awesome!

He must be well chuffed with that

Cool

Personally, I perhaps wouldnt have painted the chain though Razz
JB
Mr Quoter-vator

Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 2:58 am

no, well i tried not to, but the damn thing was threaded through the frame and I had no way to remove it (without breaking it) and didnt have time...

still a few revolutions freed it up Very Happy
Neal
Forum Moderator

Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 3:00 am

could have covered it with masking tape though.

Oh well its proper stealth now...
Leigh_f
Site Subscriber

Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 3:39 am

same colour as my car Wink
need a valer badge on it!!!!
isn't it great when you have an excuse to do all the things you wanted to do when younger but didn't know how!!
Roger Red Hat
Site Subscriber

Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 5:31 am

ah, so pics of it now eh!

rather fancy garden that JB!
JB
Mr Quoter-vator

Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:07 am

thank you roger...the grass really sets it off eh Rolling Eyes

lol

and leigh...so true Wink
Roger Red Hat
Site Subscriber

Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:09 am

whos yellow hand print is that?
Dan
Site Subscriber

Posted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 8:55 am

the paint is off of a laguna, its 676, as my whole car was resparyed in it, just mine has a silver and blue pearl to it, i added that in courtesy of work he he
JB
Mr Quoter-vator

Posted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 2:45 am

lol hand printon the wall is mine roger...did that years ago when i was young and found paint...got in trouble for that as it wasnt only thathand print i did Embarassed Laughing

Jump to:   

SPIDER ARCHIVE