Retro-Renault Archive Forum Index  
SEARCH THE ARCHIVE FORUMS  •  Log in
Hello, you are currently browsing to Retro-Renault Archive which is a copy of our old forum. You cannot post replies in this forum. Please click here to go to the active website. 
 Taggin' and archivin'
Gentle Ben
Site Subscriber

Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:17 pm

Right, I've noticed people like Chris spending a lot of time going to the trouble of writing dedicated tech articles, but some of the most valuable info we give out is in the threads of the Tech forum itself, in which the posts just fall deeper and deeper into the sands of time, never revisited..

What I'm proposing is, after someone opens up a new thread in Tech forum, and the problem gets sorted, we edit the title so it reads;

<Insert Problem> *FIXED*

And then perhaps archive the posts under different headings? For example electrical, mechanical, bodywork etc.

This way we can get our money's worth out of these old threads and save ourselves the time of posting replies to the same common questions, which will in turn save on the amount of bandwidth and data storage we use.

That way people who come on with a particular problem can find and read every article in a similar category in order to help them solve their problem.
Dan
Site Subscriber

Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:24 pm

good idea, but its still a case of archiving!
Gentle Ben
Site Subscriber

Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 2:25 pm

True, but once the majority of the current stuff is archived then a click of the button is all it should take!

I dont' mind doing it.....
Chet T16
Retroholic

Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:42 pm

3 subforums could be created under tech articles for achived posts to be moved to using the electrical, mechanical and bodywork titles

Jump to:   

SPIDER ARCHIVE