Retro-Renault Archive Forum Index  
SEARCH THE ARCHIVE FORUMS  •  Log in
Hello, you are currently browsing to Retro-Renault Archive which is a copy of our old forum. You cannot post replies in this forum. Please click here to go to the active website. 
 tungy 19 16v
touring_19_16v
Level 10 User

Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 5:05 am

Ive just got hold of a sweet looking Renault 19 16v, in tungy grey, its all completely standard, haven’t seen it yet but we r picking it up on Friday night so fingers crossed it’s a nice 1. the mileage is a bit on the high side of a 175k unless that’s a miss print on the advert I wont know till I get there.
As I work for motor world I can get discount parts so heres a few things I might do and get done soon
:- give it a service of oil, filter, air filter/mite wack a k&n on, plugs, leads, rotor, dizzy, and shove sum engine protection stuff from slick 50 in hopfully will keep it sweet for me as me n the mrs are going to chichister on the 6th so done wanna be breaking down.
:- slight rust is on the drivers arch so he says so might have that sanded treated, primed and sprayed.
:- mum get sewing needle out!!!!!! Yep you guessed it the drivers seat ripped in 2 places so just for a temp jobby get mum to sew it up mite even invest in sum leathers next mth
:- apparently the feul comp is a bit dodgy so luckily I got a set of clio 16v clocks with oil pods, and a set of ph2 19 16v clocks question is if I fit the clio clocks in how do I wire the fuel guage 1 up and the oil pods, tough 1 but hopefuly can be done
:- we have fit the sounds in not much only a twin sub and Kenny h/u

if any1 reckons I should do anything else please lemme know and if any1s got any ideas on the clocks,
aprt from the points above I hope it will be driveable, the last ower did say that 1 of the engine mounts might be on there way out so will have them checked aswell by lee at work if hes poping by. As I said before I haven’t picked the baby up so I shall let you lot know how shes doing on Friday night.

(btw how do you upload pics)[/img]
Chris H
Forum Moderator

Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 5:23 am

righty if you want to fuck the thing up then stick slick 50 in it.

K&N filters crap its really small, the pipercross RS500 cone is what ytou want or the 20 quid max power.ripspeed universal cone.

whats wrong with the 19 clocks? The clio clocks don't fit as they are smaller. if you mean the middle ones then you need to dissconnect the 19 display and fit the approriate senders, not worth the time or the hassle. Only thing the 19 is missing is the oil temp gauge.
astrojon007
Site Subscriber

Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 8:40 am

may be dumb but why would slick 50 fuck it up?
touring_19_16v
Level 10 User

Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 6:35 pm

ok so we'll forget the slick 50, as for the clocks apperently the feul comp isnt acurate so says the last owner but ill c when i eventually pick it up 2mra, just out of intrest what would be the engine treatment to use if any???
JB
Mr Quoter-vator

Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 1:23 am

to treat it for what?
touring_19_16v
Level 10 User

Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 1:46 am

well 2 keep the insides of the head sweet if u know what i mean
schakal
Spammer

Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 2:05 am

thats sugar u are looking for my good lad Laughing

are we gonna see any pictures of this car mate ??? sort it out will you ?
touring_19_16v
Level 10 User

Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 2:08 am

lol, ive got the pics on my pc but dunno how 2 upload em as soon as sum1 shows me how 2 upload it ill get em up
JB
Mr Quoter-vator

Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 2:27 am

the only thing needed to keep the insides of an engine "sweet" is good clean oil...

if u think it is gunged up due to neglect of oil changes then only a strip down will really get it clean again......

if it aint broke dont fix it Cool
Chris H
Forum Moderator

Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 3:53 am

search for slick 50 and america to see why they have been sued and banned from selling it there.

Like ekotek valves as well lot o shite.
schakal
Spammer

Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 6:40 am

touring_19_16v wrote:
lol, ive got the pics on my pc but dunno how 2 upload em as soon as sum1 shows me how 2 upload it ill get em up

go to www.uploadit.org ,open an account ,download your picture on there once u have done it click to view the pic and copy the link location and post the link location between [img]link location[/img] on this website ,job done
Wicked Neo
FCS Event Manager

Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:57 pm

hehe not this one by any chance ?

touring_19_16v
Level 10 User

Posted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 3:47 pm

oi thts my car wicked neo!!!!!!

well i got the car home and jesus am i suprised, 41.3mpg absolutely bril, lol on the way i swear the mirrors were movin on there own had to keep adjusting them.
well theres a few probs with the car the main one being is that the battery light keeps coming on and only tonight wen i was cruising did it cut out, so will have 2 visit mr draper and nick a multimeter of him and test the alternatoir i realy dont wanna be doin alternatoirs and stuff bludy mission to change, has any1 any ideas to why the light comes on and off?
next thing is the brake discs man are they warped still stops but have 2 break rather early got quoted at work for a ebc pads and discs for about 300quid so that dont sound to bad
the rust on this thing is erm well alot lol,the drivers side rear arch is rusty and the strip under the boot lid is so will ahve 2 sand it and treat and spray it
the sodding remote central locking dont wrk have 2 insert the key
neeeds a nice service tho

other than that its bin a nice car to drive just am really worried bout the cutting out i realy dont have the patients to break down espeically wen the mrs is with me

will take sum more photos and post em up mean while ill try and get sum piccys up now
Neal
Forum Moderator

Posted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 4:51 pm

its the alternator.

Not that hard to change, i did 2 today. The stupid short wires are the biggest annoyance.
Wicked Neo
FCS Event Manager

Posted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 5:22 pm

touring_19_16v wrote:

oi thts my car wicked neo!!!!!!

yeah i saw it on ebay too and did make a bid on it, was gonna add that chammy to my collection but it went over what i was prepared to pay for it.

anyway i'm glad its gone to an enthusiast and not a ned.

and aye, its like neal says, the alternator is shagged on it, whilst u got it off, u may as well renew the aux belt at the same time Smile
touring_19_16v
Level 10 User

Posted: Sun May 01, 2005 2:54 pm

wicked thanx for that paul from infinicar will be sending me a alternator so shud have it by wednesday, the aux belt looks just as shagged as the alterator jason at work sed its cracked in a few plcs so mite just sort it out on wedsday and get a new battery to, another thing i realised is that the fuel pump keeps wirrrring wonder if thats to do woth the alternator not charging the battery not to sure so will have a look, i have a funnny feeling the rear engine mount is on its last legs tooo mite just be ne tho lol,the eater blower only works on 2 so mite have 2 check wiring on that, will try and give it a service on wedsday and if any1s wondering where the pics are the cam is gone up the dump so will be getting a new 1 to upload pics up
Neal
Forum Moderator

Posted: Sun May 01, 2005 3:00 pm

16v fuel pumps always whine loudly... just the way they are. Dont worry about it.

Heater blower... rheostat is buggered or the wiring plug is melted/burned.

Nice car though! Good job!
touring_19_16v
Level 10 User

Posted: Sun May 01, 2005 3:49 pm

ive had 4 of these and none of them whine this loud, but i f u say done worry i wont lol, ill check the wiring 2mra while im at wrk c whats going on, and thanc lets just hope it lasts
huwwatkins
Site Subscriber

Posted: Sun May 01, 2005 3:52 pm

I like the whine, its like a mystical sort of thing as if to say yeah look at me...damn i think im beginning to sound like chet!
touring_19_16v
Level 10 User

Posted: Sun May 01, 2005 3:59 pm

LOL, if i wanted a whining sound id ask the mrs(lol joke jade dont take it serious)does any1 do a grup n rally middle exhaust section for the 19 coz i know pug do 4 the 205 and 309 that will make a few ppl look lol
Bladey
Site Subscriber

Posted: Sun May 01, 2005 4:05 pm

nice one, good looking car that.
ph1, chamade, tungy grey - what can i say, best,best and best

Jump to:   

SPIDER ARCHIVE