Retro-Renault Archive Forum Index  
SEARCH THE ARCHIVE FORUMS  •  Log in
Hello, you are currently browsing to Retro-Renault Archive which is a copy of our old forum. You cannot post replies in this forum. Please click here to go to the active website. 
 Project R
red19rt
Site Subscriber

Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:23 am

Quote:
made us all curious now .what are u getting

not everyone - the privileged know Wink

In fact you know, if I remember rightly you posted the ebay ad a while back.

It's Green - which many will spit at.......

....it's a chammy

....it's a valver

......there's a guy in Edinburgh selling buy one get one free, I'm after one and Chris H is after the other - we're going to have a look at them tonight - they're currently at £72 for the pair with 1 day to go - sounds like a good deal Very Happy

If they are good we'll make him an offer to end the auction early Wink
Neal
Forum Moderator

Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:40 am

Chris after a phase 2... hmmmm
schakal
Spammer

Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 1:26 pm

i knew he would find the right way in the end .
ph2 the magnificent Cool
red19rt
Site Subscriber

Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 3:04 pm

Chris won't thank me for letting that one slip Embarassed

Well, went to view them this evening - needing a bit of work but if we can get a decent price then could be a nice little earner Very Happy

He wouldn't end the auction early for less than £200 so we'll jusrt have to fight it out on ebay as I'm pretty sure they won't go for that much.
Ends tomorrow night so fingers crossed
Chris H
Forum Moderator

Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 3:18 am

we saw them last night. I was surprised at hoiw different the ph2 was, been a while since I have driven one. The ph1 is by far the superior drivers car. The ph2's nice like a lagunas nice, you know soft and comfy but a ph1 will cover ground quicker.
schakal
Spammer

Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 3:32 am

excuses ,excuses... Laughing
Chris H
Forum Moderator

Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 3:41 am

have you driven them? No. I have, I have driven them extensively. Never onwed a ph21 though so I want one.

But Mark drove my ph1 back last night and even he noticed the difference.

Ph1 drivers car, ph2 comfy shopping car.
schakal
Spammer

Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 3:50 am

you r right i have not driven any of them ,just talkin about the looks .
fingers crossed ,i might be driving a ph2 hatch before summer Smile
Chris H
Forum Moderator

Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 3:56 am

if you are a keen driver then get a ph1.
red19rt
Site Subscriber

Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 3:59 am

Fight, fight!!

I have to say that I agree with chris albeit with limited experiance, even after driving that p2 valver for less than a mile and driving chris' p1 for a bit I could tell the difference - the p1 feels much stiffer and sportier, p2 was definatley stiffer than my SPI but was noticably softer than the p1.

So yes the p1 is no doubt quicker but the p2 is nice if you want more comfort - and I still prefer the looks of the p2 but I'm coming round slowly Laughing - like the front of the p1, not so sure on the rear though
Neal
Forum Moderator

Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 6:36 am

red19rt wrote:
the p1 feels much stiffer and sportier

nah.
schakal
Spammer

Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 7:47 am

i prefer the comfort and the good looks all the way .
Wicked Neo
FCS Event Manager

Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 11:03 am

i know exactly what you mean when comparing the ph1 to the ph2, now i own one of each, for fun and ragging it around the ph1 wins, no doubt, but for taking the missus out the ph2 gets favoured.

If i cant find a cheap enough garage to rent by end of feb, i have to sell one of them and that will be a very hard choice to make.
JB
Mr Quoter-vator

Posted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:41 am

Jonnyboy wrote:
i would hardly say the std cold air feed is "blowing" cold air at the ik location...it goes into the bumper where cold air is located but not moving. airbox used to "suck" it from there, not have it blown at it from there...

i used a section of aluminium ducting, about 6" dia. fits over the ik totally and the end of it just points towards the headlight, away fro engine as best as possible...no point fuckin about too much, its only an ik at the end of the day

id like to ammend this a bit...

my p2 chamade takes its cold air feed from the bumper...noticed on the hatch the feed is attached to the rad cowling, and is therefore in airflow...so it may "blow" cold air at the ik in the hatch....not the p2 tho
Chris H
Forum Moderator

Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 4:19 am

Theres 3 different air intake places, in the rad surround as most 16V's have, on the front panel behind the bumber screwed into the metal and then theres the intake on the inner wing as on project Y. On 16Vs the aux water pump relay bolts in there.
JB
Mr Quoter-vator

Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 7:37 am

the one in the rad cowling looks good to me.
red19rt
Site Subscriber

Posted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 2:46 am

Latest developments:

Went through to visit Chris on saturday and braved the wind rain & sleet to properly flush the cooling system to try and solve the hot running problem.
Took the radiator out and gave it a good flush and clean with the power washer and flushed out the rest of the system. Also changed the stat.

Also noticed that the black plastic grille thingy to the left of the renault badge has no holes in it what so ever to let air get to the radiator, the RHS one does, so we drilled some holes in the LHS one to let more air to the radiator (chris took a pic of our handywork which he will no doubt put up here for your interest!)

However after all that it seems to run slightly hotter than before if anything even after a good bleeding to get rid of the air. But even with the guage at the top of the 2nd division the radiator and top hose don't feel all that hot so maybe it's a problem with the temp sensor so that's the next thing to try.
Chris H
Forum Moderator

Posted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 3:17 am

Its a temp sender problem, and its not really a problem. After talkign to mark it seems the fan cuts in 1 line hgigher than normal, but it runs at 1 line higher than normal so either the gauge is hyperactive or the temp sender is.

New stats the correct rating etc so its all good. There may be a hotspot in the head where the senders mounted it can and does happen. A few pugs I have worked on had similar problems the part of th ehead the sender wa sin would go so hot it made the stop light come on but coolant temp was fine.

Anyway drilled grille

red19rt
Site Subscriber

Posted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 3:38 am

you can tell I spent a lot of time getting the holes at equal spacing Laughing

Might take the hacksaw to it and make proper slots if i can be arsed.
schakal
Spammer

Posted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 4:12 am

get a mesh with big holes if you know what i mean and get rid of those plastic shields mark .
i will get you some pictures of the mesh i have on my car . you will like it .
Neal
Forum Moderator

Posted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 4:13 am

ned

Jump to:   

SPIDER ARCHIVE