Retro-Renault Archive Forum Index  
SEARCH THE ARCHIVE FORUMS  •  Log in
Hello, you are currently browsing to Retro-Renault Archive which is a copy of our old forum. You cannot post replies in this forum. Please click here to go to the active website. 
 Newbie - Lookin' for a ph1 16v
Marko

Posted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:58 am

Hey all,

Thought i'd start here with the introduction and see about some advice.

First car was a '99 Clio 1.4 RT (Mark 2?). Racked up about 50k miles driving like a nutter and it's still going (gave it to my bro to do him until he finds something better).

Currently drive a '93 version 1 Impreza Sti with some basic mods (stainless exhaust, chip, 18's etc) but it's time to renew the insurance again and it's not exactly cheap besides the beast drinks about £40-£50 worth of petrol every week. Time for a change....

On the lookout soon for a ph1 19 something that i can make reasonably quick and will handle ok though I know it won't be anything like the scoob. Soon need advice on some sensible 'go faster/handle better' stuff when i'm close to buying.

Last one that I was in was a mate's a while back. Sure it's the one Chris H bought/rebuilt/sold. Thing was a great laugh and sounded great at the time.

Failing this, it'll be the way of the 'yank tank' - '73 340ci Plymouth Duster. Another mate already has a '67 Plymouth Fury with about 300bhp through the rear wheels. Fantastic cruiser.

I'll upload some pics when i figure out how to Smile

Later.

Mark.
mals
Self Proclaimed Comic Genius

Posted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:08 am

Yank Tank? and you dont want to spend £40-£50 on juice?

Get a ph1, There are cars fo sale in the For sale Section, Have a look or put a wanted ad in mate!!

Hi and Welcome
Chris H
Forum Moderator

Posted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:41 am

if it was the one that was project B then it was the slowest 16V I have driven with the exception of georges white one.

If you thought that was good then one of my other ones would seem like a rocket ship mate.
Marko

Posted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:27 pm

£40-£50 of juice per week ain't the problem it's the insurance really but would probably just run the yank at the weekend and stuff it'd give me time to fix it up.

I've only been through a couple of threads but seems the ph1 was/is the preferred choice.

Pretty sure it was project b. Know the car wasn't perfect but i liked the look of it.

Jump to:   

SPIDER ARCHIVE