Retro-Renault Archive Forum Index  
SEARCH THE ARCHIVE FORUMS  •  Log in
Hello, you are currently browsing to Retro-Renault Archive which is a copy of our old forum. You cannot post replies in this forum. Please click here to go to the active website. 
 Leanne's F7R-710 powered 19
stan
Gay Rights Activist

Posted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 2:13 am

aye it does look far tidier. ive got 3 or 4 coil-on-plug packs from meganes sat here...i might have a play!

The ford EDIS coil will support good RPM aswell tho....
MicKPM
Affiliate

Posted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 4:23 am

Well i'm officially getting pissed with it now. Kinda had it chugging over this morning and then it cut out. Accidentally touched the exhaust manifold and burnt fook outta my hand on port 2 but the others we merely warm.... I'm tempted to go find some nedy bastards and kick fook outta them at the minute. It won't make the car run but it'll save me taking the hammer to the bodywork as stress relief!

Checked all injectors and they have 12v and the coil pack has the following:

1 - 0v
2- 12v
3 - Ing Driver 1
4 - Ing Driver 2

So i'm fooked if I know why she's only trying to fire on one cylinder. I'm tempted to just leave it now and say fook it till Friday when it goes off to Emerald and let the deal with it. Craig.... fancy a trip to Nottingham Razz
bbracer16valver
Retroholic

Posted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 4:28 am

MicKPM";p="89497 wrote:
I'm tempted to go find some nedy bastards and kick fook outta them at the minute. It won't make the car run but it'll save me taking the hammer to the bodywork as stress relief!

is the way forward TB's dont seem to have the appeal any more hope you sort it long before may Sad
MicKPM
Affiliate

Posted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 4:48 am

Trouble id they're all rude galz round my way, not a mlae chav in sight and I can't bring myself to bash a female no matter how manly she looks Razz As for the TB's - I know it'll be amazing when it's all sorted and I'll look back and laugh at myself but I've never mapped anything in my life before and it's a huge learning curve when you don't really have a clue.

Stan and BenR are geeks at this kinda thing so to them it's possibly an hour or twos work but i'm possibly doing more harm than good triming here and there without fully understanding the results and think that i've got it to the stage where it's firing but refusing to tick over so i'll winch her up the trailer and let Emerald sort it... that's what i'm paying a days mapping time for really. I can deal with Mechanical items as I can see things and know how it all works but this is deffo beyond my grasp!
bbracer16valver
Retroholic

Posted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 5:12 am

lol where you live ona island theres always a chav hiding somewhere lol jj

but as for the 19 it probly easier for you to admit defeat and and get it mapped atleast you will enjoy your hard work and hours of time spent alot sooner
MicKPM
Affiliate

Posted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 9:00 am

SHE'S ALIVE..... ALIVE MWHAHAHAHAHHAHA

OK, so it's not sounding sexual but I don't care and she's revving a little better now after triming the injctors a little but she's finally breathing on TB's Smile Time to load it on the trailer and take it to Norfolk on Friday where someone that has a clue what they're on with will be paid to sort it! Now I've just gotta get a coolant pipe for the Laguna which let go so I can tow it (Fooking Renaults... there's always something to do to em)

Thanks you VERY much Craig. I've PM'd, MSG'd and pestered you all weekend but I think it was worth it in the end. Cheers kid and if you're at FCS come say hello and i'll grant thee a beer and a manly hug Wink

Mick

PS: BB - I live in Nottingham.... so it's as good as an Island. If chavettes are your think homie then get yo sen down dawg cos there's tracky bottoms tucked in socks and pink thongs yanked aloft action
JB
Mr Quoter-vator

Posted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:55 am

MicKPM";p="89501 wrote:
Trouble id they're all rude galz round my way, not a mlae chav in sight and I can't bring myself to bash a female no matter how manly she looks Razz As for the TB's - I know it'll be amazing when it's all sorted and I'll look back and laugh at myself but I've never mapped anything in my life before and it's a huge learning curve when you don't really have a clue.

Stan and BenR are geeks at this kinda thing so to them it's possibly an hour or twos work but i'm possibly doing more harm than good triming here and there without fully understanding the results and think that i've got it to the stage where it's firing but refusing to tick over so i'll winch her up the trailer and let Emerald sort it... that's what i'm paying a days mapping time for really. I can deal with Mechanical items as I can see things and know how it all works but this is deffo beyond my grasp!

I think you're doing it the best way to learn for yourself.
stan
Gay Rights Activist

Posted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:25 pm

no worries dude, glad its running!!
james
Level 8 User

Posted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 6:15 am

looking dam good. not sure about the head lights but still looking sweet. has the engine been set up now.
MicKPM
Affiliate

Posted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:06 am

It's not properly mapped yet as when we went to Emerald we had an issue with an injector not firing correctly. Checked the harness with a voltmeter to make sure it was wired and firing correctly there to rule out the harness itself over the injector and the sodding Renault alarm logged it as a tamper fault so it killed ALL electrics to the ignition and cabin circuits. It takes hours for the thing to reset when it gets in that state (Unless I take it to Renault which I refuse to do) so it was push it back on to the trailer and drive 160 miles home again only to get stuck in 3 hours of traffic thanks to a lorry which tried to 4 wheel it on a round-about on the A14 and failed!

We used Nick Hills rollers last Friday to bodge a map together ourselfs which got the 19 to Donny on it's own steam but it wasn't pretty... She's not mapped for cold starts and whilst it's not overfuelling now she's popping and spitting @ anything over 4k so it's booked back in for Emerald to sort it properly on the 7th June which is ages away as properly mapping is beyond me. Still, gives me time to get the Brembos fitted and some other loose ends tied up like guages and finshing the bay!
Chet T16
Retroholic

Posted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 2:31 am

Shit, i bet you were a tad annoyed!

Roll on june!
bbracer16valver
Retroholic

Posted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:05 am

PS: BB - I live in Nottingham.... so it's as good as an Island. If chavettes are your think homie then get yo sen down dawg cos there's tracky bottoms tucked in socks and pink thongs yanked aloft action

na your ok lol i met some notts lasses before 'ruff as f!?K comes to mind' lol
MicKPM
Affiliate

Posted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:54 am

Chet T16";p="92331 wrote:
Shit, i bet you were a tad annoyed!

Roll on june!

To coin a phrase i was "PIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISED" Twisted Evil

At first I was angry but then I was more embarresed than anythign else. Abosolutly gutting really but at least it's sorted now so if he goes anywhere near the car nexttime with a voltmeter i'm chinning him Cool

On the plus side he didn't charge us a penny for the morning's pre-work
BenR
Level 5 User

Posted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:04 pm

what a bugger!
james
Level 8 User

Posted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 10:37 am

so hows the car. has it been set up properly now. how does it drive. whats it putting out now. will you be going to donnington for the world series
MicKPM
Affiliate

Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 5:40 am

Well she's got 190bhp now and drives amazingly... not bad to say it's runnign standard cylinder head and is still on standard pulleys. Well, I say she drives amazingly - she did till I upset an M3 driver on the way home on the A14 and lost 5th gear doing it (Doh). Currently got the engine out again as i'm doing a few bits and bobs like fitting new clutch, degreasing the engine bay, giving the bay some paint in places, new PS hosing, B&M quickshift, removing that nasty ABS thing so i'm making up new brake pipes and i'm also fitting a JC5 from a 182 which has the much closer ratios setup than the Megane JC5. Just gotta break the boxes and switch the diff housing as the RS box is blanked off where I need to plug in my speedo driver but apart from that, yeah she's fine!

Will deffo be at WS this year again.... mint time but this time i'm taking her out on the track so lets see those 21T's try it now
Chris H
Forum Moderator

Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 5:44 am

lol swapping box housings, yeah take you ten minutes eh! fpmsl

ahh the innocence, if your successful within a month I will be impressed.
MicKPM
Affiliate

Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:27 am

Funily enough you VERY nearly got a PM at 10pm on Saturday but I stumbled across the service manual for the JC5 and decided that it's better off being done by someone else who can open it without shafting the internals as it's interesting indeed but I cracked the Rubics Clock in under three weeks so I think I could do it in under a month Razz

Any pointers to share? Wink
Chris H
Forum Moderator

Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:44 am

the main issue is detent springs and selectors.

Its a feckign nightmare to work on.

ford, pug, vx boxes piss easy, maybe 2 hours max. I gave up on the ren one after about 3 days. It never went back togerther, well it did just minus the selectors and its otu the back waiting to go to the scrap man.
MicKPM
Affiliate

Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:19 am

LoL - So paying to have it done is the way forward then! I've heard that the Renault box is a CNUT to work on which is why Renault only charge around £600 for a brand spanker JC5
james
Level 8 User

Posted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 1:05 am

all pretty good. i wanna see this car. your a busy man then lol.
i hope everything comes together with the car.
hope the gearbox dont cost to much to have it rebuilt

Jump to:   

SPIDER ARCHIVE